Middlesbrough Supporters Forum……Meeting 17

Agenda for Monday 9th July 2018
July 6, 2018
Minutes of Middlesbrough Supporters Forum.. Meeting 18
August 6, 2018
Show all

Middlesbrough Supporters Forum……Meeting 17

Held at Middlesbrough F.C. Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough @7pm 11th June 2018

Attendees were:-

Caroline Walker Chair – Middlesbrough Supporters Forum

Peter Hodgson Secretary – Middlesbrough Supporters Forum

Christopher Joseph President – Middlesbrough Supporters Forum

Paddy Cronesberry, MBE. MDSA

Rob Nichols Fly Me to the Moon Fanzine

Representative Red Faction Fans Group

Yvonne Ferguson Middlesbrough FC.

Dave Roberts RedArmy.TV

Leigh Fisher MOSC

Apologies from:

Mark Motley Middlesbrough Supporters South

John Donovan Twe12thMan Group

Mark Ellis Middlesbrough FC.

Per normal practice, after circulation to all parties by e-mail, the minutes of meeting 16 were accepted as read.

Matters arising from previous minutes:-

Rail seating – RN/DR gave full update on safe standing/rail seating meeting with Simon Clarke MP who was very supportive and pledged to speak in favour

RN/DR briefed on meeting in Parliament chaired by Dr Dr Rosena Allin-Khan MP which was a listening to fans meeting and also gave the opportunity for engagement with fans from other clubs. It was followed by an announcement from the Labour party that it was supporting safe standing/rail seating.

The meeting agreed that MSF had played a key role in driving this initiative and was grateful for the support of local media and all local MPs.

Foodbank – Next collection date would be decided once fixtures were released. Discussed timing one around World Kindness Day – November

Loyalty scheme for away games/membership scheme – various ideas were thrown around the table. CW to write up request on behalf of MSF for ideas from supporters to be submitted via our website or MSF members – ideas to be brought to July meeting for further discussion

Supporters’ survey – YF briefed on survey going out to season ticket holders about the match day experience – it was suggested by MSF that goal music is included

MOSC commitment – LF attended on behalf of MOSC and advised that there was a new Chairman in place and new officers. MOSC was committed to MSF. Agreed CW to write to new Chair via LF to welcome him to his role and reiterate MSF desire for MOSC to be involved

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

Financial – CJ advised current financial position of MSF. It was agreed that each member would ask their group if a contribution of £50 could be made. It was highlighted that with MSF lead role in safe standing it was possible further travel expenses would be incurred. Business cards had also been purchased and there was small cost for website.

YF stated she would make £100 contribution from her budget – MSF thanked her

Rail travel – further discussion held on possible group travel concessions. While not optimistic it was decided CW would write to Andy McDonald MP in his transport capacity to ask if he could influence

Digital Accounts – RN advised that in conjunction with Ageing Better there would be help available setting up digital accounts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *