Agenda for Forum no. 33 on Monday 14th October 2019
Minutes of Mtg 32:
Issued and accepted as read.
Agenda points for discussion tonight:
a) MFC – Catering dept.updates – Peter Hall
b) MFC – Foundation updates- Alan Geddes
c) Rainbow Reds – Michelle – update discussion
d) Boro Supporters Club – update from Jill Atkinson
e) Red Fusion – update from Ishak
f) OneBoro – first meeting – Jen Hayton – discussion
Matters arising and including issues from mtg. 30/31 & 32
- RN: Financial Fair Play / Asset and ground protection/Stewardship of football clubs – call for a national license system with independent regulation. Issues with Bolton W and Bury. Any updates from RN? Letter from FSA to CJ ?
- RN: Environmental – football getting greener – what can we do to make football more environmentally friendly at Boro? Reusable beer tankards used for £1 deposit at Chelsea as at music fests etc. Wooden cutlery to replace plastic types etc. paper straws. No balloons etc. Making Fan Zones greener. Have there been any further thoughts on this issue?
- RN & Twel2th Man. Boro away fixtures at “odd times” – ( Luton, Bristol City & Birmingham C. at altered times in first 2 months.). Is there any chance of fixtures like this being given some extra thought and consideration for travelling fans. Night fixtures with a maximum travel time or distance – i.e. 2hrs or 100 miles. Things CAN BE DONE about this in relation to important fixtures.
- RN & Twel2th Man. Letter for reciprocal away ticket pricing in EFL. Still lots of concern/criticism of Boro pricing on social media – what should be our reaction to this. RN has spoken with Steve Gibson, Neil Bauser and Adrian Bevington and all were talking about some kind of dialogue with fans about this during pre-season time scale. We would urge this should happen. Steve Gibson may have good reasons – increase in VAT and high level of concessions etc but it would be terrific if “the fans” heard about this from the club after there was an open and frank discussion about it. Has there been any further progress on this issue – or will there be?
- MDSA: Reports of 100% increase in disabled parking costs and query re-spaces at Riverside.
Any updates from MFC ?
- MDSA: Letter from Paul Sandbach re – parking issue as mentioned in item 5 above.
Any further comments ?
- CW: Next Foodbank confirmed from 12noon on 23rd November before HULL CITY game. Caroline to initiate info to all contacts to boost interest and to contact HCFC fans to make them aware of collection. Please also post on all our members websites and wherever else interest can be raised. Can MFC DO A PIECE IN THE PROGRAMME FOR THE GAMES BEFORE THE HULL CITY GAME PLEASE ?
Any other business:-
8) CJ: Safe Standing: Response and update statement from Govt Sports Minister.
9) CJ: Concourse Heating: Any updates.
10) PH: Mark Shalliker:- Safety issue for wheelchair access / egress.
Future meetings:- November meeting will be Monday, 14th at 6.30pm then December 9th at 6.30pm at The Riverside Stadium. Thanks to YF.
Secretary notes:- As you will see, there is quite a busy agenda for tonight so please keep comments as brief and as concise as possible to ensure a prompt conclusion of normal business.