Middlesbrough Supporters Forum……Meeting 36

Held at Middlesbrough FC. Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough 6.30pm 13th Jan 2020

In attendance were:-

Chris Joseph Chair – Middlesbrough Supporters Forum

Caroline Walker Diversity – Middlesbrough Supporters Forum

Rob Nichols – Fly Me to the Moon Fanzine

Paddy Cronesberry – MDSA

Representative – Red Faction

Dave Roberts – Red Army TV

Danny Chapman – Twelfth Man

Matthew Gale – Rainbow Reds

Apologies from John Donovan, Mark Motley, Peter Hodgson, Jill Atkinson

Per normal practice, after circulation to all parties by e-mail, the minutes of meeting 34 were accepted as read.

The main business of the meeting focussed on the case of the Middlesbrough fans who are taking Derbyshire Police to court following issues in 2015

Sarah Magson of Watson Woodhouse, solicitor for the group, briefed the meeting on the background to the case and the action being taken.

As the case is active in court it would not be appropriate to minute the discussions, however the meeting agreed to issue a statement of support for the civil action and help with raising its profile.

CW to draft statement and issue to media

Rail seating/safe standing – it was agreed that CJ would write to Baroness Morgan of Cotes, the sports minister and copy in Nigel Adams MP to offer MSF support and

representation on the manifesto promise to hold a fan-led review.

The meeting also agreed that the Forum would formally write to MFC asking the club to come out publicly in support of rail seating, even if it did not plan to install in the near future.

The next Foodbank collection is 15th Feb v Luton. CJ to contact Yvonne Ferguson re the location.

CJ briefed on the FSA awards, which MSF did not win but was proud to be nominated for.

RN raised an anomaly with points on ticket purchases for adults and juniors. He believed this had been resolved.

A discussion was held regarding the sale of the ~Spurs away tickets and the loyalty scheme, with agreement it had worked ok.

Meeting closed at 8.30pm with the cutting of a cake to celebrate the Forum’s 3rd birthday.

Next meeting Monday 10th Feb 2020 @ 6.30pm